Friday, May 19, 2006

Accelerando by Charles Stross

Okay, so the only thing you really need to know about this book is:

SPACE LOBSTERS.

People always come up to me and want to know about the book I'm reading, and then I have to stop and give them this whole explanation, which is kind of annoying.
But with this book, all I had to say is "well, there are these space lobsters..."
and the person would be all, "Ohh. Okay."
and go away.
Awesome!

I was a little worried about this book after my Princess of Roumania experience, because all the same people liked it.
And a bunch of other people said that they didn't really get it, which is understandable because it's kind of weird, but if you're the kind of person who reads Vernor Vinge or BoingBoing.net a lot, you will totally get it. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home